At Liquor Loot, we do things a little differently. Our team of energetic, savvy & passionate Looters are committed to pushing the boundaries and helping people make better drinking decisions. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this is to provide our customers with a fantastic experience supporting the distillery industry. Liquor Loot is equally committed to helping our team grow, thrive and remain inspired to learn.
You’ll be part of one of the country’s top eCommerce players backed by some outstanding investors, with a proven track record of growth, a world-class digital platform and a second-to-none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the eCommerce business are running efficiently and effectively.
The eCommerce Operations Manager is the cross-functional liaison between Marketing, Operations, Finance, and third-party fulfillment & technology partners. The eCommerce manager oversees the product creation, fulfillment and dispatch processes for all eCommerce lines of the business.
- A comprehensive understanding of the logistics systems (Unleashed).
- Experience in end-to-end process management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with leading eCommerce platforms (Shipstation, Shopify)
- Experience in eCommerce sales & Marketplaces.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment and be confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data, research and experience. You have a knack for problem-solving, financial acumen, a strong interest in technology-driven solutions and continuous process improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Lead onboarding of new/maintenance of existing D2C, including EDI or API integrations, new item setup, ongoing error handling & escalation to developer resources, etc.
- Facilitate creation/setup of new eCommerce items, bundles, etc., in collaboration with the latest product development and packaging configurations
- Partner with marketing, analytics, & operations to translate high-level financial forecasts into rolling daily order estimates to ensure proper levels of finished goods, shipping materials, and planned labour.
- Oversee month-end close for eCommerce channels, working with operations & finance on billing accruals, inventory reconciliation & management reporting.
- Partner with consumer service, operations & warehouse to prioritise re-shipments, identify patterns, troubleshoot errors and implement corrective actions.
- Recommend and initiate optimisations that drive operational efficiencies and enhanced customer service collaborating with warehouse & Operations functional leads on CI projects as needed.
- Accepts responsibility for the organisational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities.
- Proven ability to translate high-level forecasts into by item by location demand plans
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting EDI/API connections as a business process owner (developer experience not required)
- Experience with Shopify, Shipstation, IMS (Unleashed preferred)
- General business acumen, including an understanding of accrual accounting (Knowledge of Xero)
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented with high expectations of self and the greater team
- A collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for someone with a quantitative background, ideally a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, etc.
- You will have at least two years of experience in a high-performance startup, focusing on strategy, operations, or analytics. We will also consider candidates with less experience if they demonstrate strong abilities in quantitative fields.
- You will be required to make decisions and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative analysis, helped by solid business judgment, critical thinking, and financial skills.
- You will be required to thoroughly document business processes, including training the team and demonstrating continual process improvements.
- You must be comfortable taking the initiative in a constantly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility, a collaborative attitude, and great attention to detail.
- Curiosity is required. Every day will bring a new challenge across different aspects of the business. You will need to learn quickly and take ownership of problems.
- Management quality - You will need to feel comfortable being the go-to person to solve other team members' problems through critical thinking and data analysis.
- SQL and Python knowledge is a plus but not required.
What we provide:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth, with strong career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
- An energetic and supportive team.
- An organisation with an entrepreneurial mindset and a fast-paced environment.
- At-cost whisky & gin for staff + freebies.
- A flexible work-from-home policy and casual work environment.
- Company equity through our employee share option plan.