Head of Marketing
We are seeking a dynamic candidate to lead the development of our Marketing strategy and eCommerce Technologies. The role requires an innovator who can connect performance marketing, social media, creative campaigns, PR, and technology together seamlessly. Responsible for the execution of product launches, seasonal campaigns, and marketing programs, the candidate will work closely with the Operations Director, Sales Director, and CEO. The position will drive awareness in a meaningful way to reach new customers and inspire existing customers.
The position is highly collaborative, within the company and with outside partners and agencies. Overall responsibilities include the establishment of marketing plans, project coordination, vendor management, and reporting.
You'll have KPI ownership of conversion rates, revenue per visitor, AOV, and margin for our three (3) eCommerce websites (whiskyloot.com, ginloot.com, and whiskytext.com.au). You'll be responsible for the analytics for our eCommerce sites (desktop and mobile), and other related technologies, and you'll be a subject matter expert on user experience, marketplaces, branding, SEO, and all web-based technology.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Liquor Loot?
- Lead the creation of a marketing strategy with ongoing alignment with Sales & Operations.
- Lead the development, QA, implementation, and execution of all website and marketplace strategies, with KPI ownership of conversion rates (new and repeat customers), revenue per visitor, average order size, and customer lifetime value through subscriptions.
- Drive improvements in the discoverability of our brands and products through best practices, taxonomy, on-site search, creative and messaging.
- Responsible for the strategy, and planning of monthly social media content creation and calendar, with a goal to grow our social media channels across Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Develop opportunities with vendors through branding, print, outdoor, and digital advertising campaigns.
- Deploy personalization tactics to improve revenue per visitor, using a combination of testing, 1 to 1 recommendations, and persona or segment changes in product recommendation, creative content, and messaging.
- Manage strategy & reporting across digital press, traditional PR, influencers, affiliates, performance campaigns, and organic channels.
- Manage P&L within overall marketing budgets to drive increased efficiency on core KPI’s.
- Ensure consistent communication of campaigns through social, website & direct channels.
- Develop robust & automated reports to glean insights, interpret funnel analysis and recommend site improvements.
- Serve as a key contact for all internal campaign ideas, opportunities, and integrations.
- Proven 7+ years experience and track record within a head of eCommerce Operations, marketing, and/or technology position, growing online sales in a multi-channel organization.
- 5+ years experience with B2C (direct-to-consumer) sale of products in eCommerce, preferably consumer packaged goods across a number of product categories.
- Familiarity with P&L financials, budgeting, and forecasting (AKA. Excel is your friend).
- Demonstrated understanding of internet technology and protocols from a technical and business perspective.
- Experience managing and reporting on many projects simultaneously: vendors, consumer traffic, production status, contract status, and financial reporting.
- Unrelenting attention to detail. Extremely organized, yet flexible working style.
- An obsession for creating customer experiences that surprise, delight, and convert.
- Must be proactive with the initiative to drive new ideas.
- Proven track record & results in your previous position.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Works well in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
- Works well with a team, while also being hands-on with the ability to work independently.
Sounds like you’d be a good fit? Well check out what we provide our passionate people:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth.
- An organisation with an entrepreneurial mindset and a fast-paced environment.
- On-demand and at-cost whisky & gin for staff.
- Parking on-site (first-in, first-served).
- A flexible work from home policy and casual work environment.