We are looking for an experienced CTO to lead our eCommerce development and work with our expanding team of marketers, project managers and designers.
The role is based in Rosebery and will be reporting to the CEO & COO. You will be responsible for using a strategic, collaborative and data-driven approach to grow our stable, user-friendly and integrated digital platform.
The lead developer will build on what has become one of Australia's most talked-about brands by taking risks and turning heads with digital solutions that continually make the Loot’s famous. We are looking for a high performer with an ability to adapt to a wide variety of challenges and to maintain a commercial mindset to drive the business forward.
Are you ready to take on the career opportunity of a lifetime?
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Liquor Loot?
- Owning the Shopify plus platform, including app configurations and design changes.
- Write complex, maintainable code to develop scalable, flexible and user-friendly applications, using Liquid (Shopify’s templating language).
- Identify and develop reusable UI components that serve the needs of multiple applications.
- Collaborate closely with the UX Design team, Product Managers & SEO Strategists.
- Assist with forecasting future work, deliverables and resource management across multiple digital channels.
- Plan and execute data collection methodologies and future technology rollouts.
- Demonstrated commercial experience in a similar role (agency preferred), sound understanding of commercial software applications and development processes.
- Knowing where and when to use a library or framework (or write your own!).
- Extensive knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML and CSS, including updating as requirements change.
- Optimizing applications for maximum load speed, reliability and scalability.
- Knowledge of CSS precompilers (Sass / LESS).
- Fluent in source control workflows for commercial projects (Github etc).
- Strong desire to constantly improve and learn.
- Confidence and experience working with design teams and implementing pixel perfect code.
- Reviewing the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and providing feedback where nessessary.
- Able to work both as a team member and an individual.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Other highly regarded skills:
- Shopify PLUS experience will be highly-regarded.
- ReCharge, Braintree, Stripe & Paypal experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.
- Experience in consuming RESTful apis.
- Experience working with Node.js.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Liquid (Shopify's templating language).
- Heroku framework and active experience.
- Build systems and tools e.g. Grunt, Gulp or Webpack.
- Ruby, PHP or other back-end language experience highly desirable.
- Database management experience e.g. MySQL/MariaDB or Postgres.
- Amazon AWS.
Sounds like you’d be a good fit? Well check out what we provide our passionate people
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth.
- An organisation with an entrepreneurial mindset and fast-paced environment.
- Coffee on Cue Beans, spirits on-demand and at-cost whisky & gin for staff.
- Parking on-site (first-in, first-served).
- A flexible work from home policy and casual work environment.
About Liquor Loot:
Back in 2017, Whisky Loot set out to shake up Australia’s online Whisky Market. We’ve come a long way since!
We’ve become one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, a world-class digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
At Liquor Loot, we do things a little differently - which means we expect a lot from our employees! We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose to provide our customers with an amazing experience that supports the distillery industry.
If this sounds like an ideal fit for you, we can’t wait to meet you and look forward to your application.