We are looking for an experienced and ambitious HR & Community Manager. You will plan and hire key roles and promote the cultural identity of Liquor Loot.
The role is based in Rosebery and will be reporting to the CEO & COO. You will be responsible for using a strategic, collaborative and growth-focused approach to attract, negotiate and on-board key personnel for our high growth startup.
The Community/HR Manager will play a key role in assuring that a strong culture is present in all company offerings and the overall employee experience.
This is a part-time 6-month contract and will start ASAP through to May 2021. This role may have the opportunity to expand beyond the 6 months and will be reviewed at that time. We are looking for someone who is seeking part-time 0.6 FTE hours, with the flexibility to discuss days and hours.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Liquor Loot?
People Development Responsibilities:
- Act as a cultural ambassador and exemplify our values in all community efforts.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, onboarding and developing our staff to achieve their individual, team, and company goals while contributing to our sense of community.
- Facilitate professional development for all levels of the organization.
- Support managers in their role as leaders:
- Coach them to provide frequent feedback, individual career mapping, mentoring, and growth opportunities for their teams.
- Guide them through key moments of team development including integrating new members, implementing official performance improvement action plans and proceeding with voluntary and involuntary attrition.
- Partner with department heads to promote appropriate and efficient staffing, ensuring managers develop accurate job descriptions and refine roles to meet business objectives.
- Act as a strategic partner to department heads on all people and human resources operational areas to assist in achieving company goals.
- Create and implement enrichment opportunities for employees at all levels that facilitate their growth and progress.
- Lead engagement survey and efforts. Recommend & implement initiatives based on survey results.
- Plan and oversee all on-brand events and celebrations that reflect and strengthen core values.
HR and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Document HR concerns and conduct investigations where appropriate to protect the organization from risk.
- Coordinate with Finance & Accounting for smooth payroll and benefits administration.
- Ensure that we adhere to all HR laws, maintaining knowledge of current requirements.
- Manage communication and administration of benefits plans with staff.
- Serve as the day-to-day supervisor of the office to support our staff and business needs.
- Manage all outside vendors for general upkeep of the office.
- Ensure a physical work environment that provides the tools, resources and environment for productivity, safety and a strong sense of community.
- Partner with department heads to organize physical space to accommodate teams and create effective work environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three to 4 years of related experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Fluency in HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and focus on the highest impact initiatives.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction.
Sounds like you’d be a good fit? Well check out what we provide our passionate people:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth.
- An organisation with an entrepreneurial mindset and fast-paced environment.
- Coffee on Cue Beans, spirits on-demand and at-cost whisky & gin for staff.
- Parking on-site (first-in, first-served).
- A flexible work from home policy and casual work environment.
About Liquor Loot:
Back in 2017, Whisky Loot set out to shake up Australia’s online Whisky Market. We’ve come a long way since!
We’ve become one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, a world-class digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
At Liquor Loot, we do things a little differently - which means we expect a lot from our employees! We want people that bring a great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose to provide our customers with an amazing experience that supports the distillery industry.
If this sounds like an ideal fit for you, we can’t wait to meet you and look forward to your application.
Note: We are not looking for a recruitment agency.
Note: Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.